Meet Dr. Z
Michelle Zweifler, MD, is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and General Surgeon specializing in facial rejuvenation as well as breast and body contouring. After successfully completing an Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship with John Q. Owsley, MD, Dr. Michelle Zweifler established her plastic surgery practice in New York City. She is on the staff at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, and Lenox Hill Hospital.
During her medical training, Dr. Michelle Zweifler received numerous honors and awards, including the Samuel L. Kountz Award for Clinical Excellence in Surgery and the John O. Vieta Award for Professional Excellence and Compassionate Care. Dr. Zweifler strives to achieve each patient's satisfaction and is truly committed and dedicated to excellent cosmetic results.
Engaged with the most important issues in plastic surgery today, Dr. Michelle Zweifler regularly attends numerous medical seminars. Her professional papers have been published in scientific journals, including Annals of Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Surgical Endoscopy. She is a member of many professional societies at the local, state, and national levels.
"I truly enjoy the specialty of plastic surgery, from the initial consultation to the technical aspects to the rewards of enhancing your appearance."
- May 1993 – MD, the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn (Downstate), Brooklyn, New York
- May 1989 – BS, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- July 2000 – June 2001 Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship with Perceptor, John Q. Owsley, MD, California Pacific Medical Center Davies Campus, San Francisco, California
- July 1998 – June 2000 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York
- July 1997 – June 1998 Chief Resident General Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York
- July 1993 – June 1997 General Surgery Residency, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York
Honors & Awards
- Cornell University Dean's List
- Samuel L. Kountz Award: Clinical Excellence in Surgery, the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1993.
- John O. Vieta Award for Professional Excellence and Compassionate Care, Lenox Hill Hospital, 1997.
- Castle Connolly's America's Cosmetic Doctors and Dentists.
- Alumni Achievement Award in Cosmetic Surgery SUNY Downstate, 2018.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Certificate of Appreciation Award The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc., June 2019
Board Certification and Medical Licenses
- The American Board of Surgery
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- New York State Medical License
- The Medical Board of California
- Diplomat of National Board of Medical Examiners
Hospital and Academic Appointments
- Lenox Hill Hospital: Assistant Adjunct Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, New York, New York
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital: Assistant Attending Department of Plastic Surgery, New York, New York